I was sick most of the day at work yesterday because of the smoke smell we had dealt with on Sunday. I had a headache, upset stomach, churning intestine, running nose, sneezes, hot and cold sweats and a fever. - all the typical signs of cigarette smoke poisoning.
But I had to be at work - it is only myself and my officemate there right now. The Snake actually WAS sick and Friday had to get ye olde appendix removed. The Dean won't let the Snake come back to work without a doctor's release note. *laughs* I find that amusing...
I also had to be at work because why stay in a place that was reason for the poisoning? I really wanted to go home and considered it many times throughout the day.
The stench had stopped before I left for work yesterday morning so i turned on the a/c before leaving. It was going to 98 with a heat index of 115 and I wasn't about to come home to an oven. I put the Febreze bottle by the front door in case I needed to pick it up and 'squirt' my way into the apt.
Anyway, I talked to the office before heading off and the front desk person said she had been told the stink was not coming from the a/c but coming through the pipes. They would send someone to seal up the plumbing. I did find that unbelievable because the stink poured out of the a/c and the vents closest to the main vent were the ones expelling the most stink - my bathroom and the living room.
Oh, nothing in the lease states the building is non-smoking - this could be a problem...
Luckily, the fix-it guy showed up late in the day (a/c emergency kept them away most of the day) when rat had gotten home from the office already. The guy sealed my bathroom sink and the kitchen sink and told rat to call if it did not work.
When I got home I smelled a weird burning dusty smell but no smoke. The dusty stink wasn't as bad as the smoke but I still febrezed the air a few times. I shoot it toward the main vent and watch it being sucked into the system.
We went to bed in a cold apt again and that was good.
Kingdom Hearts is going along fine. We don't play every night and are taking it easy.
We watched the first movie of a live-action Saiyuki - how funny! Sanzo is a WOMAN! The costuming is good, it has a lot of humour and we are enjoying it. for the romp it is.
We are still keeping up with Ouran High School Host Club (Tamaki amuses me greatly), Princess Princess and Gakuen Heaven.
I am trying to work on more con photos and doll photos. There is only so many hours in a day and so much energy I can expend.
I am still not very well but things are better. I remain tired all the time.
Thanks: --> to Lia, my sensei, who has inspired me to draw again. I
wouldn't be doing this without your support, Domo Arigato!
--> to Talon, for sending me her fabulous fics, inspiring me with her writing to draw my first
illustration for a story and actually liking what I drew.
--> to Dasia, for her words of encouragement when drawing her original chara.
--> to Joules, a wonderful epic fic writer, for liking my art enough to want to post them with Talon's
and her own stories.
--> to Lutra, the other half of the epic team, for being so supportive.
--> to Jacque' & Becca Raddittzu, we met on eBay as bidder and sellers and now we are face-to-face
friends. You showed us the real DBZ with your fansubs. It's all your fault the house is full of
doujinshi! *LOL*